We presented the second ALBOAN Gender policy valid from 2016 to 2021, and which was approved by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. It aims to create awareness around ALBOAN’s institutional and cross-cutting commitment to gender equity and contribute to the attainment of a gender equality goal for all persons. It is rolled out in 3 main strategic lines: promoting Women empowerment through capacity-building and participation in decision-making spaces, mainstreaming gender equality in our activity and in our partner organisations and, lastly, denouncing and calling out inequalities.
DOWNLOAD THE 2016 -2021 ALBOAN GENDER POLICY
At the operational level, these 3 major lines are solidified within the ALBOAN 2017-2021 Pro Equity Plan, which is also the entity’s second one, and which outlines the Annual Operating Plans and Monitoring and annual follow-up reports.
DOWNLOAD THE 2017 - 2021 ALBOAN EQUITY POLICY
2020 REPORT ON THE PRO GENDER EQUITY PLAN
- 26,5training hours organised by the ALBOAN team within the Pro Equity Plan (hired staff and volunteers)
- +70%of ALBOAN’s training, events and activities have been publicly represented by women in the entity.
- 74.859,47€and 18 organisations that ALBOAN accompanied in their active gender Organisational mainstreaaming processes.
- 32.62%of ALBOANs International Cooperation projects are exclusively geared towards women.
- 29educational centres are developing their comprehensive education models based on gender equity through the co-education materials offered by ALBOAN.
During this period of the second gender policy, some implemented actionsto continue solidifying gender equity in ALBOAN included:
- In 2017, a discussion group on spirituality and gender was created.
- In 2018, a guide was drawn up for Training in Gender Equity for the entire team.
- In 2018, the staff Recruitment Procedure was updated from the gender perspective.
- In 2019, a 2nd Policy was drawn up to guarantee safe environments free of sexual and moral harassment and abuse
We can also highlight other work proposals in which ALBOAN is committed to gender equity, such as:
- Coeducation work both in educational centres and in activity groups as a pedagogical strategy for educating in equity and inclusion of sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Mujeres en Marcha África (Women en Route Africa) through this programme, ALBOAN aims to accompany african women and girls who have survived violence, especially those who are displaced, refugees and/or migrants. The programme will be developed over 4 years in 8 countries.
- ALBOAN continues to uphold its Programme for Organisational Strengtheningaround Gender for partner organisations,reserving a budget allocation for this since 2013 in order to offer technical assistance to organisations during their process of change.
- In 2020, in partnership with the Network of Alternative and Solidarity Economics Networks (REAS), the publication “Gender Equity: Tips for Organisations for Solidarity economicss” was created.